Developed by a team of nurses and neonatal occupational and physical therapists, the Dandle PAL’s unique double bean bag design makes it a versatile positioning tool. The Dandle PAL can be used alone, with multiple PALs, or in conjunction with the Dandle ROO2 or Dandle WRAP Stretch.
- Double bean bags can be used stacked one on top of the other for more height or one behind the other for more stability. The long ‘handle’ will keep them in place.
- Extra-long legs of the horseshoe help keep shoulders and hips flexed in supine and open wide for additional back support in side-lying.
- Extra-long legs allow the beans to be moved easily to varying thicknesses and weights.
The Dandle PAL will help:
- Support the baby’s position when more stability is needed
- As an extra set of hands to provide individualized positioning
- Contain a baby during phototherapy or in the initial acute phase, when lines and chest wiggle may need to be visualized on HFOV (try using two PALs – one at the head and one at the feet)
- Provide support for tubing or medical equipment
- Support baby in prone, supine and side-lying positions
The Dandle PAL specifications:
- Two interior plastic pellet-filled bags stitched inside one cotton cover
- Pellets are made from free polypropylene plastic that are DEHP free and not made with natural rubber latex
- Pellets are blue “just in case”
- Double bagged for safety
- Only soft cotton touches the baby
- May be machine washed and dried (see directions) and can be reused between patients